Persuasion skills are paying attention in today’s society, because they bring great benefits to individuals and businesses. Today’s article, BEMO will help you improve this skill to go further in your career, as well as improve your self-worth in society.
1. What are persuasion skills?
The skill of persuasion is understood that you use words or texts with clear arguments to make others who agree and act with your views and opinions.
This is an important skill in life and work, because it helps you to be trusted and achieve more success. However, not everyone is good at using this skill to get others to support and follow their ideas. Perhaps because they have not given enough reasons, clear views, and vagueness in their expressions that make it difficult for others to believe.
Besides, a person with persuasion skills in communication will be more likely to succeed and get people’s help more enthusiastically. So, you should find ways to improve the art of persuasion with the ways in the section below.
2. Ways to improve effective persuasion skills
Whether you are a leader, a salesperson, or an individual in society, the lack of persuasion skills will affect psychology and suspicion of yourself. Therefore, you should improve this skill by yourself following:
- Credibility Building – Your credibility is essential, as it will help you build trust in your career, or in your social relationships. This requires expertise and listening skills, and shows that your action benefits those who trust you.
- Find the argument – That is, you need to show the listeners that your words, or your text has a basis that has been agreed by many people to increase persuasion. It’s like “Actions speak louder than words.”, you need to include a lot of evidence in your presentation, or words to increase science and logic, as well as credibility.
- Choose the right time – Your persuasion skills will come into play when your mood is most comfortable, or the listeners are feeling happy and enjoyable. Therefore, you should choose a time when you feel confident and the other person is excited to talk about your topic. Thus, the success rate of persuading others will be higher.
- Clear presentation – Your words or writings will be less trusted when they are not clear, do not convey the right purpose, are too flowery… this can make the opponent difficult to understand, even doubts about your content. Therefore, you need to speak coherently, concisely to the heart of the issue to lead the audience, and they easily accept your content.
- Do not order,or impose ideas – The art of persuading others is not to impose or order the listeners, because then they will react to your words or writing. Therefore, you must have a respectful attitude, combine communication skills for others who will listen and believe in you.
- Body language – Persuasion skills will be more optimal when combining physical gestures to increase the vividness of the presentation. Thus, you should flexibly use your hands, feet, eyes, and smile to attract listeners.
These are ways to help your persuasion skills improve quickly, and you will be more confident when presenting an opinion to others. But remember that the skill of persuasion has to be honed over time, and you have to be actively learning it.