Many businesses still do not fully understand the value of building a corporate culture and ignore many benefits for the organization. Therefore, this article will help businesses understand more about corporate culture and explain why it is essential to build a sustainable culture.
1. What is corporate culture?
When it comes to the concept of corporate culture, we can find hundreds of different arguments on the Google results page. The corporate culture of each organization will be different and depends on the point of view of the leadership or the owner.
But the core values in corporate culture that every organization needs to have include beliefs, attitudes, perceptions, and mindsets of all internal employees. These things will create a corporate culture that is different from competitors in the market. If a business successfully builds an internal culture, it will attract many talented people to contribute to the organization because they see great value when working with the company.
Therefore, Vietnamese businesses should consider when building a culture with three values, including:
- Honesty – This value ensures not to cheat in work, strictly comply with regulations, not use tricks to fraud public property.
- Self-discipline – This is the value that motivates employees to work proactively, takes responsibility for the results, and devotes themselves to the organization.
- Right attitude – Words must be humble, communicating the right things with the right people.
Besides, businesses can also build a culture of creativity, solidarity, and understanding to help the collective achieve more values.
2. Why should corporate culture be built?
Corporate culture is one of the factors that determine the success of an organization and is an intangible asset that makes a different brand. Therefore, when building a corporate culture will bring:
- Employee Dedication – When the business has a solid corporate culture, employees will be willing to dedicate themselves, because they see a consistent work environment, respect among colleagues, fair business, and a fluent working process. Therefore, they will be loyal, limit job-hopping, and help optimize costs.
- Limit conflicts – Corporate culture will limit employee conflicts because the company has a standard of behavior, a uniform way of working, and supporting each other instead of each person’s opinion.
- Improving work efficiency – When employees see direction, clear work goals, good relationships between colleagues, they will be more enthusiastic and productive.
- The advantage of attracting talent – The benefits of building corporate culture are good policies, high discipline, and a clear development roadmap. These are the factors that many candidates want to join and contribute their energies to the business.
- Sustainable development – Corporate culture will help businesses eliminate unsuitable employees, and replace them with adaptive individuals who share the same development orientation with the business. This brings stability, attachment, and long-term development to the business.
We believe: if you have the right culture, you will naturally get most of the other things like impeccable customer service, lasting branding, passionate employees, and loyal customers. At this point, the culture will become the brand of your company.
With the above benefits, corporate culture is essential to connect, create value and trust for all employees for sustainable development. A combination between digital transformation and ERP will be an outstanding move for the business. Please contact BEMO for advice on implementing and experiencing ERP at the most competitive cost.